Department Of Chemistry
The Outcomes of UG Course, B. Sc. in Chemistry
At the Completion of B. Sc. in Chemistry the Students:
- POs 1: Provide a broad foundation in chemistry that stresses scientific reasoning and Analytical problem solving with a molecular perspective.
- POs 2: Achieve the skills required to succeed in graduate school, the chemical industry and professional school.
- POs 3: Get exposures of a breadth of experimental techniques using modern instrumentation
- POs 4: Understand the importance of the Periodic Table of the Elements, how it came to be, and its role in organizing chemical information.
- POs 5: Understand the interdisciplinary nature of chemistry and to integrate knowledge of mathematics, physics and other disciplines to a wide variety of chemical problems.
- POs 6: Learn the laboratory skills needed to design, safely and interpret chemical research.
- POs 7: Acquire a foundation of chemistry of sufficient breadth and the depth to enable them to understand and critically interpret the primary chemical literature.
- POs 8: Develop the ability to communicate scientific information and research results in written and oral formats.
- POs 9: Learn professionalism, including the ability to work in teams and apply basic ethical principles.
The Outcomes of UG Course, M. Sc. In Organic Chemistry:
- POs 1: This one year programme offers the opportunity to study chemistry at an advanced level, covering both the traditional core areas of chemistry as well as more specialist courses aligned to the research groupings of the department. The course provides opportunity for students to develop and demonstrate advanced knowledge understanding and practical / research skill.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs).
- PSOs 1: Understand the scope, methodology and application of modem chemistry
- PSOs 2: Study theoretical and practical concepts of instruments that are commonly used in most chemistry field.
- PSOs 3: Plan and conduct scientific experiments and record the results of such experiments.
- PSOs 4: Get acquaint with safety of chemicals, transfer, and measurement of chemicals, preparation of solutions, and using physical properties to identity compounds and chemical reactions.
- PSOs 5: Describe how chemistry is useful to solve social, economic and environmental problem and issues facing our society in energy, medicine and health.
Course outcomes of B.Sc. Chemistry
On the completion of the course the students are able to:
- COs 1: Explain periodic properties of elements; understand formation of ionic bonding and factors affecting ionic bond formation.
- COs 2: Interpret aromaticity and based on that distinguish aromatic, and non- aromatic compounds able to know the structure Benzene and its electrophonic substitution reaction.
- COs 3: Describe synthesis and chemical reactions alkyl, halides aryl halides and alcohol.
- COs 4: Understand covalent – bonding metallic bonding and describe structure of molecule with regular and distorted geometry by using VSEPR theory and know about gravi-metric and volu-metric analysis.
- COs 5: Understand the phenomena of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy and Rotational Spectroscopy
Program specific outcome:
- PSOs 1: Gains complete knowledge about all fundamental aspects of all the elements of chemistry
- PSOs 2: understands the background of organic reaction mechanisms, complex chemical structures, Instrumental method of chemical analysis, molecular rearrangements and separation techniques.
- PSOs 3: Appreciates the importance of various elements present in the periodic table, coordination chemistry and structure of molecules, properties of compounds, structural determination of complexes using theories and instruments.
- PSOs 4: Gathers attention about the physical aspects of atomic structure, dual behaviour, reaction pathways with respect to time, various energy transformations, molecular assembly in nanolevel, significance of electrochemistry, molecular segregation using their symmetry.
- PSOs 5: Learns about the potential uses of analytical industrial chemistry, medicinal chemistry and green chemistry.
- PSOs 6: Carry out experiments in the area of organic analysis, estimation, separation, derivative process, inorganic semi micro analysis, preparation, conductometric and potentiometer
- Open various avenues in Chemistry for students.
- Enable them to cope up with International standards.
- To Inculcate Scientific and research attitude among the students.
- Groom them for bright prospects in chemistry.
|Name Of Department||Chemistry|
|Year Of Establishment||U.G. – June 1992, P.G.- June 2007|
|Courses Offered||B.Sc. (Chemistry)M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry)|
|Add on Courses||B.Sc. (Chemistry)- 3, M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry)- 2|
|Success Rate of Students||45%|
|Number of Books in Department Library||168|
|Number Of Computer||3|
Admission Criteria For - Chemistry
- 12th Science Pass
|#||Name of the Add-on-Course||Class||Intake Capacity|
|1||Certificate Course in “Instrumental Methods Of Chemical Analysis”||F.Y.B.Sc||20|
|2||Diploma Course in “Instrumental Methods Of Chemical Analysis”||S.Y.B.Sc||30|
|3||Advanced Diploma course in “Instrumental Methods of Chemical Analysis”||S.Y.B.Sc||26|
|1||Dr . Dinesh Garud, 9689647768, firstname.lastname@example.org||M . Sc . Ph.D , SET, GATE||S.P. College , Pune|
|2||Dr. Sudhir Arbuj,9850217500,email@example.com||M .Sc. Ph. D.||C-MET , Pune|
|3||Mr. Tushar Gaikwad,9860821154,firstname.lastname@example.org||M.Sc.NET.||S.B.Patil Institute of Management ,Nigdi Pradhikaran , Pune -|
|4||Mr. Santosh Sonawane,9172507200,email@example.com||M.Sc., NET.Ph.D||The New College , Kolhapur|
|5||Miss. Surekha Jogdand,9423531976,firstname.lastname@example.org||M.Sc. , Ph.D .||Modern College,Pune.|
|6||Miss. Prachi Gaikwad,8888279888,email@example.com||M.Sc.NET.||Evolus , Cracking Origins|
|7||Miss .Gandhali Kulkarni,8308131997,firstname.lastname@example.org||M.Sc.NET.||Evolus , Cracking Origins|
|8||Mr. Amol Pawar,9762748752,email@example.com||M.Sc. SET.||-|
|9||Mr.Rahul Nehere,8087898385,firstname.lastname@example.org||M.Sc.(Organic Chemisry)||Rahul Powder Coating|
|10||Mr. Pratik Lonkar,7276988960,email@example.com||B.Sc (Chemistry)||Food Checking Sub- inspector,Kachha, Gujarat|
|11||Miss.Pratiksha Gaikwad, 8793699208, firstname.lastname@example.org||M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry)||Department of Chemistry NCL. M.Sc|
|12||Bhandare Yogeshwar.G,9561655315,email@example.com||M.Sc(Organic Chemistry)||Killbil School & Jr.college|
|13||Dr. Ranjit Hawaldar, 8412018157,firstname.lastname@example.org||M.Sc. Ph.D.)||C - MET, Pune|
Curricular Activities :
STUDENTS’ RESEARCH PROJECTS :
|#||Name of Student||Class||Title of the project||Name of the Guide and affiliation||Status|
|1||i) Vishal Pise ii) Mahesh Shelar||M.Sc.- II||Dr. S.V. Patil||Synthesis of dicarboxylic acid doped polyaniline composites and their characterization.||Completed|
|2||i) Yogesh Khopade ii) Vaibhav Gawai||M.Sc.- II||Dr. Milind Bhandare Dr. S.V. Patil||Synthesis and Characterization of Bi2O3 nanoparticles by solis state method||Completed|
|3||i) Dadasaheb Shendage ii) Swapnil Patil||M.Sc.- II||Dr. Milind Bhandare Dr. S.V. Patil||Synthesis and characterization of ZnO nanoparticles by solid state method||Completed|
Co-curricular Activities :
- Guest Lectures.
- Educational Visits.
- Science Exhibition.
- Participation of students in Inter-Colligate Competitions.
- Mini Projects / Surveys.
- Skill Development Workshops.
- Special assistance for science teaching-Chemistry Department had MOU with Vidyaniketan School (Corporation School) M.Sc-II Students taught Science & Maths to 5th, 6th & 7th Std.
- Cultural Activities.
- Celebration of Days / Events.
- Welcome & Farewell Function.