Department Of Botany
Program Outcomes (POs)
At the end of the Program, students will be able to:
- POs 1: Acquired the knowledge with facts and figures related to various subjects in pure sciences such as Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Physics Mathematics, etc.
- POs 2: Understood the basic concepts, fundamental principles and the scientific theories related to various scientific phenomena and their relevancies in the day-to-day life.
- POs 3: Acquired the skills in handling scientific instruments, planning and performing in laboratory experiments.
- POs 4: The skills of observations and drawing logical inferences from the scientific experiments.
- POs 5: Analysed the given scientific data critically and systematically and the ability to draw the objective conclusions.
- POs 6: Think creatively to propose novel ideas in explaining facts and figures or providing new ideas or new solutions to the problems.
- POs 7: Realised the knowledge of subjects in other faculties such as humanities, performing arts, social sciences etc. can have greatly and effectively influence which inspires in evolving new scientific theories and inventions.
- POs 8: Develop scientific outlook not only with respect to science subjects but also in all aspects related to life.
- POs 9: Developed various communication skills such as reading, listening, speaking, etc., which will help in expressing ideas and views clearly and effectively.
- POs 10: Imbibed ethical, moral and social values in personal and social life leading to highly cultured and civilised personality.
- POs 11: Developed flair by participating in various social and cultural activities voluntarily, in order to spread knowledge, creating awareness about the social evils, blind faith, etc.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs).
- PSOs 1: Plant diversity such as algae, bryophytes, pteridophytes, gymnosperm and angiosperm which indicates the evolution of plants.
- PSOs 2: Environmental problems along with finding solutions.
- PSOs 3: Various aspects and disciplines of plant study such as plant anatomy, plant physiology, embryology, etc.
- PSOs 4: Different types of nutrition which are applied in growth of plants.
- PSOs 5: Characteristics of various plants to study identification classification and nomenclature under taxonomy and to know evolutionary relationship between different plant groups
- To impart Basic and Recent knowledge of Plant Science.
- To inculcate Botanical Interest, Scientific Temper & Research Attitude among students.
- Organization of student centric activities.
- Organization of seminars, science exhibition & projects to promote hidden potential of the student.
- To Create Social Awareness About Conservation of Rare, Endangered, Medicinal & Threatened (RET) Plants.
|Name Of Department||Botany|
|Year Of Establishment||June 1992|
|Success Rate of Students||-|
|Number of Books in Department Library||Text Book:6 Reference Book:12|
|Number Of Computer||PC-02 Laptop-01|
Admission Criteria For - Botany
- 12th Science Pass
|#||Course Code||Class||Intake Capacity||Eligibility||Admitted Student|
|1||BO111 (First sem)BO112 (Second sem),Practical Paper III BO 113||F.Y.B.Sc||120||A student who has passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (10+2) Science stream with Biology or its equivalent examination as per the University of Pune eligibility norms.||131|
|2||BO 211 and BO 212: Semester BO 221 and BO 222: Semester||S.Y.B.Sc||120||First Year of B. Sc. with Botany as one of the subjects. Other sudents if they fulfill the conditions approved by the equivalence committee of Faculty of Science of the University of Pune are also eligible.||51|
Curricular Activities :
- Classroom Seminar
- Home Assignments
- Diagnostic test
Co-curricular Activities :
- Science Exhibition
- Botanical Excursion /Field Visits
- Students Participation in Inter Collegiate Competitions
- Rayat Inspire Activities
- Tree Plantation
- Establishment of Medicinal plant garden